Cannot login to server running RH6.2

Guys,

I know that this list does not deal with Red Hat Linux issues, but then this
is the most helpful list that I can think of that has good support.  The
discussion list on redhat.com sux.  Typically I use Debian on my system.
Since this is my company's server...

Ok, here's the problem : I cannot seem to login to my server.  When I do a
telnet session, an error message appears :
telnetd: /bin/login: No such file or directory; and immediately it
terminates the session.  I FTPed into the server and checked the /bin dir.
and most certainly that file is missing.  I tried to even login on the
console itself, and it goes fine for the login but when I press enter, it
returns to the login prompt.  I cannot login at all to my system.

How do I install back that login file in to the /bin directory.  Where can I
get that file from.  The only way that I can login to the system is : linux
single, and that method doesn't start the net connection, and I do not have
my RH Linux 6.2 CDs with me.

What happened to my system.  This just popped up out of nowhere.  Quite a
few others have the similar problems on RH discussion list, but so far there
is no answer to the questions.

Is this a bug on RH Linux ? or is this a virus, or hacker or what ?

Does this thing happen to Debian ?  As far as I have used my Debian system,
it hasn't given me any problems.  Only thing slacking is a good
administration tool for it like smitty. :-)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Saran.