Re: Woody nukes Gnome

In message <[🔎] Pine.GSO.4.21.0104101835090.7393-100000@inch.interchange.ubc.ca>it was written:
>On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
>> you must purge all ximian and helix packages before upgrading to
>> woody, then install woody's gnome.  ximian does not support unstable
>> or testing.  and there is no reason whatsoever to use ximian there
>> anyway since woody/sid have up to date gnome (1.4 probably is all the
>> way there but it will be shortly).
>
>That's interesting, I was not aware that Ximian couldn't be used with
>testing; I've been doing so for several months, and haven't had any
>problems.

You know I've heard that people have problems with it, but I've just never seen it
either. I've been running Ximian on Woody for quite a while with no problems. I just
upgraded yesterday after not having done it for a while and the only things I had
to do were some installs with --force-overwrites (maybe 3 packages). Everything seems
to work.

as always,
nick
            nick@grawk.net * http://www.fargus.net/nick
    Developer - Systems Engineer - Mad System Guru - MOO Sales
    he picks up scraps of information/he's adept at adaptation
because for strangers and arrangers/constant change is here to stay