Re: sources.list

said will trillich, on Apr 8,

> > I just installed potato on a laptap, then switched to woody in
> > sources/list and did dist-upgrade. Then I went to install emacs19 but it's
> > not in woody. So I added the potato line and then installed emacs19. I
> > have tons of emacs19 custom lisp that I haven't ported to emacs20 yet.
>
> so when a package has become extinct (not present in woody, for
> example) you manage to get a legacy copy from potato.

not all packages missing from woody are extinct though - some are in
stable and unstable, but don't meet the criteria for inclusion in testing.

if you really needed such a (non-extinct) package and did not want to
install debs from unstable then you would need to get it from the stable
stable (sorry!).

geordie birch.

--
debconf: package "debconf" is not installed or does not use debconf