Re: Need a way to install driver / packages

Kent West wrote:

Daniel Freedman wrote:

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001, Adam Bender wrote:

OK, I just installed the base Debian system, and now I need a way to install packages. My big problem is that there is no driver module for my ethernet card in the kernel. Therefore, I can't use a network to get packages. I have a driver for the card, but the only thing I can do is put it on a DOS partition. So, I need a way to get this driver (and packages) onto the Debian partition. Can I:
Somehow mount the DOS partition and read files from there?
Format a disk so Linux will read it, and copy the files from DOS to there?

<snip>

However, you may already have the driver on your machine, and it's just not installed. Try running modconf and installing the Vortex/Boomerang module, or alternatively, as root, "modprobe 3c905c".

Oops, that should be "modprobe 3c59x"