Re: "The following packages have been held back..."

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 09:56:24PM -0500, Stephen Boulet wrote:
> I see the message in the subject header when doing apt-get upgrade, followed
> by a somewhat long list of packages. Can someone tell me what causes this?
>
> After running the upgrade command, I did an "apt-get install" on one of the
> packages that was in the list. It upgraded without a problem.
>
> -- Stephen

Do apt-get install on each package that was held back. The reason for
holding back some packages is explained I the Apt User's Guide.

--
Kevin C. Smith             There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
smithkevinc@nettaxi.com    by reading. The few who learn by observation. The