From: Forrest English [mailto:forrest@truffula.net]
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 4:30 PM
To: Aaron
Subject: Re: Default Window Manager

are you using (x,g,k,w)dm?   because i think then it's the xsession file?

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:01:37 -0700, Aaron whispered to the router:

!!I just tried to follow these directions and still couldn't get gnome to
!! start as the default WM.
!!
!! '''''
!! Just install them.  In your .xinitrc add the command to start
whichever
!! envinronment you want to run.  I.e. 'echo gnome-session > ~/.xinitrc'
!! will make gnome your session.  Replace 'gnome-session' with 'kde2' for
!! KDE.  Deleting your .xinitrc will cause startx to revert to the system
!! default, which I assume in this case is Blackbox.
!! '''''
!!
!! Can someone give me some direction to go in.
!!
!! thanks,
!!
!! Aaron