Re: /etc/hosts.deny

* Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic@chello.at> [08Apr01 23:14 +0200]:
> Well, no. The RPC section was empty and I couldn't figure out what goes
> there. Even the new nfs howto is silent on this, although it talks a lot
> about hosts.access/deny. Frankly, I think it's stupid that debian's
> inetd.conf is nearly empty. IMHO all needed services should be in there
> and commented out.

Here are some examples commented out  :-)

#:RPC: RPC based services
#mountd/1   dgram   rpc/udp wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
#rstatd/1-3 dgram   rpc/udp wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/rpc.rstatd
#rusersd/2-3    dgram   rpc/udp wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/rpc.rusersd
#walld/1    dgram   rpc/udp wait    root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/rpc.rwalld

I found those examples at
http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/pipermail/sluglug/1999-October/001298.html

...it may not be the answer but it may help.  :-)

--

Regards,

 -=[Ty]=-