Re: Help please playing QuickTime files

On Sun Apr  8 02:26:55 2001 Mario Vukelic wrote...

>On 08 Apr 2001 01:32:57 -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
>> I have a couple of .mov files I need to play.
>
>There were several threads in the last couple of days on this topic.

	A review of the archive confirms that those are my requests for help, and a lot
	of bitching about QuickTime not being a free format!

	Here is my current situation:

	The xanim-modules package fails to isntall because of an error (sybtax ?) in
	the python script run at install time.

	I did get a helpful reply pointing the original source for the needed xanim add
	in modules. I donwloaded thes, and was fianlly able to play the desired moves
	from the command line after setting the needed xanim module searc path by hand.
	The debian compiled xanim package does not seem to look in either
	/usr/local/xanim/mods. or /usr/local/lib/xanim/mods by default :-(.

	Now I need to know how to set Netscape up corectly to be able to use xanim as a
	helper application for the added file formats (including QuickTime).

	Thanks for any help on this.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.