Help! Accidentally started deleting /usr

I created a directory /opt/tmp and later wanted to delete it, but I
accidentally typed "rm -r usr" instead (within the /opt directory).  I
realized my mistake fairly quickly and ctrl-C-ed it, but some files
have been deleted.  In particular I've deleted dpkg and apt-get!!!

I think I've got a partial way around it though.  I'm networked to a
debian machine and I've added it's /usr/bin to my path.  There are still
problems though.

What is the best way to restore my system to health?

Thanks,

Mark.