internet filter

Hi,

My son just turned 10, and I was interested in being able
to set up some sort of internet filter for him. I don't
need to tie his hands as far as browsing goes, nor do I
need something that is childproof or otherwise beyond his
ability to circumvent. I just want something that would
prevent him from accidentally stumbling upon certain types
of questionable sites... you know: have him type in "kids"
in a search engine only to be confronted with links to
child porn sites. I've looked into Junkbuster and that's
a possibility... but that doesn't allow filtering based
on content, just specific sites. Are there free software
packages that can filter content? Anybody with experience in
this? Also, if anybody knows of a child safe search engine,
that would be greatly appreciated as well.

I know that no solution is perfect... I'm just looking for
something that would help protect him from the darker sides
of the internet until he's ready for it. I would be grateful
for any ideas. Thanks.

--
John Patton                      patton66@home.com
Get my GnuPG public key: finger john@24.22.215.225

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
- Mark Twain