coexistence with Windows 2000

Apologies in advance. Through delete-itis, I inadvertently lost the good advice I receive for my Debian coexistence with windows.

I got everything set up ok & I can now boot Linux by using a boot floppy. My default MBR is still Windows 2000, so without the boot floppy in I get Windoze.

But I want to get the bootsector from linux to copy into Windoze.

Now, as I sit here looking at the /boot I see two possibilities:

boot.b
boot.0301

Which is the one I want to capture & is the syntax just:

dd boot.b > floppy

??

TIA,

Regards,