How to install debian on a Mac G3

Hi Debianians:

well I might get there that I could provide the Debianians with some
Donations, but at the moment, well you all know.....

Well I am encoutering serveral problems when seeking to install Debian
gnu/linux2.2 "potato" on my G3 233Mhz.

I cannot see where the problem resides, but I run 9.1 and I do insert
the miBoot floppy, and it collpses with severe Kernel panic, reboot
after 180 seconds, and so forth.

There might be a problem with the set-up, the hardware set-up that is. I
do not have the "original" Mac Hard Drive installed, but the IBM
DPTA-372050, whcih according to IBM's original web page
http://www.storage.ibm.com/techsup/hddtech/rma/famac4.html should work
with Macintoshes.

But effectively, do not seem to work.

Thanking you in anticipation for any suggestions as to what I might do
to finally get this to work without having to spend more bugs on Apple
hardware.

Cheers,

Christian A. Hehn