Have I found a bug in slrnpull?

I find I have to put a link in my home directory to
/etc/news/slrnpull.conf, otherwise slrnpull doesn't find it.

Is this because there is something misconfigured in my setup or is it a
bug?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Gnu/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

The superior man is courteous but not pliable.
The inferior man is pliable but not courteous.
                                         [Confucius]