Re: your mail

on Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 11:07:45AM +0530, ambience (ambience@vsnl.com) wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am Gouri Sankar here?  I have got Debian Linux from the Linux
> Magazine.
>
> I have loaded in my computer.  The problem is after loading the Debian
> Linum, my system is booting directly from the hard disk.
>
> Now I don't want this Operating System.  I have made Win FDISK and
> removed all partitions and formatted.  After that I have rebooted the
> system.  I am getting LILO and its booting linux.
>
> Could you please help me out what to do.
>
> I want to make my system to WIN.

If you still have an active GNU/Linux installation on your system (it
sounds as if you don't), you can run:

    $ lilo -u

...as root to uninstall lilo.

Otherwise, insert a bootable DOS diskette and run:

    C:> FDISK /MBR

...which should restore your Legacy MS Windows MBR.

If you need further directions or information, see the following:

    Linux Gazette "Answer Guy"
    http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue48/tag/4.html

Cheers.