Re: Pretty boot up graphics?

> Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 08:57:28PM -0500, Stephen Boulet wrote:
> >
> >> I seem to have heard of some package available for debian that lets you have
> >> a graphically nice boot up sequence. Can anyone tell me what package that is?

how about xdm or gdm.  I haven't used xdm but with gdm (Gnome Display Manager) you
get a nice graphical user login (I use Ximian's because I like their picture but
you should be able to use whatever you like) and you don't have to log into gnome.
(I don't know if you need gnome-base if you do try xdm).

later,
Andy