Re: experiences w/ linuxconf

wrote:
> > Hi fellow debs
> >
> > If anyone has made any experiences with linuxconf on Debian, would they
> > mind sharing it with me?
>
> Few, but poor, and a while back.
>
> I've found it confusing, nonintuitive, and prone to shoot me in all six
> feet.
>
> IMO, you're far better getting familiar with console, or better yet,
> configuration file, interfaces to configuring various tools.
>
> This is a highly opinionated and rather outdated opinion, but I'm
> sticking to it.

I don't know why, but linuxconf on debian is an inferior experience to
linuxconf on Mandrake. It was ugly, ugly, ugly (was it compiled with
lesstif/motif?) and the fonts were clunky looking. Mandrake's linuxconf was
really quite good. I couldn't get my second ethernet interface configured
with debian's version, for some reason.

But then I installed webmin (now back in debian, thankfully). And it works
great! Be sure to get the ssl version (webmin-ssl).

-- Stephen