Re: Unable to open various sites.

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 01:56:38PM -0700, Nate Amsden wrote:
> "Scott E. Graves" wrote:
>
> > This problem only occurs when the 2.4.2-k7 kernel is installed.
> > 2.2.18pre21-ide works perfectly fine. Any suggestions?
>
> yes there is an option in 2.4.x to disable i believe that should fix this.
> i forget what the option is called but search the archives its been mentioned
> tons of times. 2.4.x is strict by default when connecting, and "broken" sites
> may not connect well when using 2.4.x

The option is "Enable TCP Explicit Congestion Notification".  I got
bit by this yesterday.  However, I think it's a good idea to leave
this option turned on in the kernel config (so you're ready once
dumbasses fix their broken IP stacks) and for now turn it off via the
/proc filesystem.

# echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

You can install the systune package to make this happen on every
reboot.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.