Re: Package in bad state

> I'm trying to uninstall a package with dpkg, but it won't let me:
>
> mozart:~# dpkg --remove veepee
> dpkg: error processing veepee (--remove):
>  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
>  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
>  veepee
>
> I have this package on my hard drive. How can I remove it?
>
> -- Stephen

I would start by trying to reinstall it first. By reinstalling it you might
have back, or have in the `right' place some records that are looked for when
the package is removed.
It is assumed that you are less concerned right now about why do these records
are not there in the first place.
--

	Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>