Re: ISDN setup

>On 02-Apr-2001 Matt Thompson wrote:
>> We are a casualty of the Northpoint closure, but fortunately have our
>> ISDN
>> line still in operation.  I'm considering purchasing the Eicon DIVA
>> Pro
>> PCI ISDN adapter to install in the Potato server here.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend or warn about this card?  Any suggestions on
>> getting
>> it set up properly?  I've heard that ISDN can be a real pain.

Well, if you can afford it and you´re aware that configuring a
PCI-ISDN-adapter is more difficult than an analog external modem, I
suggest buying an external ISDN-TA. I have my Zyxel Omni TA 128 for 3
years now (and it was in use by $formeremployer for dialin-services
for years before that) and never ever had a single problem. The thing
also has the advantage of having 2 serial ports, the second one you can
use with the built-in ISDN-analyzer to grab nice things (like stats)
out of the TA and to configure the thingie on-the-fly (eg for
distributing calls for an MSN to one of the analog ports).

http://www.zyxel.com/product/isdnta/o_ta128.htm

just my 2 cents,
&rw
--
-- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some
-- people appear bright until you hear them speak.