Upgrading to perl 5.6 on potato
- To: "Debian-user" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Upgrading to perl 5.6 on potato
- From: "Chris Howells" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:34:23 +0100
- Message-id: <000501c0bba3$8cd1d8c0$c211bc3e@default>
Basically I need to upgrade to perl 5.6 (or better) on Debian potato,
for a few things (such as GIMP 1.2.1 and parts of KDE 2.1.1). However
judging from here:
the latest version in stable is 5.005.
So how am I supposed to upgrade to a later version of Perl than 5.005,
bearing in mind the dependency mess that I could create. Is there a
pre-built DEB somewhere? Or what else would be the "best" to do?