Re: xcdroast replacement?

Colin Marquardt wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> > > It is somewhat odd... what are you trying to do ?? I've used for a
> > > little while now and seem to understand it.
> >
> > I'm trying to select a directory to make an ISO image of it, and
> > then burn it to CD.  I browse to the directory I want, but then I
> > don't know what to do.  Seems silly.
>
> You drag whatever you want to burn to the file area in the lower
> part of gtoaster (in the first tab with the folder symbol).

Doesn't do anything when I do it.

I do get a log full of :

 kernel: VFS: Disk change detected on device sr(11,0)
 kernel: VFS: Disk change detected on device sr(11,0)
 kernel: Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

I don't know why it wants to access the CD writer yet.

> Gotcha: once you have done that, closed gtoaster and want to burn
> the same thing again, you need to drag the Gnometoaster-Filesystem
> from the "Internal Structures" in the upper part to the lower area
> with the middle tab. Otherwise it will respond with
> | GnomeToaster Recording Terminal
> | Recording 0 bytes to CD
> | No recordable Tracks found
>
> All a matter of "if all else fails, read the manual" :-)

It doesn't say very much.