Re: globally setting tab=4 spaces?

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 10:36:07PM -0500, will trillich wrote:

> so let's say i'm gonna live in a vacuum for the next forty years.
> how can i change my tabs, system-wide? or is this like windo~1
> where you can't change something if The Forces That Be don't want
> you to?

    I don't think there is a way to change your tabs system wide. I believe
it's on an application basis, and they all assume 8 spaces by default. I set
my tabs to 4 spaces in Vim, and expand them to spaces because I don't like
real tabs. That way, all other apps see it the same way I do.

    :set ts=4 sw=4 expandtab

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a