Re: package removal

paul taylor wrote:

> need command for removing a package
>
> apt-get remove {package}  is this the syntax for removal??

  yes, how did you guess?

  it removes package but not its config files (I guess rationale is that
if you'd reinstall packages you have your original config, in other
words: package removal is easily reversible while config removal is not)

  use dkpg -purge to remove everything, incuding config files (or some
other purge, I forgot, check man dpkg and/opr man apt-get, man dselect
or man for your favourite dselect replacment)

	erik