Re: Good way to do procmail on server, read mail from client?

Actually, I just went through a similar gyration to get mail the way I wanted it.

I ended up running the Cyrus IMAP server on my server, using fetchmail/exim to get mail from my myriad of pop3 accounts, and sieve to do the filtering into many, many IMAP folders.

- IMAP is nice because I can get to my mail on the road, from any OS with an IMAP client, and it works.

- exim/fetchmail because it was easy

- sieve because it is a recently-RFC'd filtering standard that is easy to use

- Cyrus IMAP beause it provides lots of niceties, such as sasl authentication so you don't need home accounts for users, pop3 access to your inbox, and it is fast.

Just FYI
Chris