Re: [OT] Cordless MouseMan Optical

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 10:06:36PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:

> I guess I'm really just curious as to whether it's possible to
> actually put the fourth mouse button (under the thumb) to any use.

I'm not sure, but I doubt it.  I notice my XF86Config-4 uses 'Option
"ZAxisMapping" "4 5"' so apparently the wheel still maps to buttons 4
and 5 for scrolling; so, the thumb-button is probably just used as
another button 3.

Which is fine with me, since I find the thumb button more comfortable
than trying to press straight down on the mouse wheel.

--
Tom
"If there is no struggle, there is no progress."