DSL with pppoe

Hi,

I want to use T-DSL with pppoe from stable.

I want to have the ability to change without much configuring from DSL
to ISDN and vice versa.

I set up pppoe as written in README.Debian. So I edited
/etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider and all the other files.

When I do a ping always ippp starts a connection to my provider.

In /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot I edited the default provider to
$PPPD call dsl-provider

But all this does not alter the behaviour of pppd.

Can anyone give me a hint, what to do?

Is there any HOWTO to set up pppoe in the right debian-way.

TIA
juh

--
6 Millionen arme Sünderlein