Re: X: user not authorized...

 I am in the process of upgrading from stable to testing on a
 single pc. I can start X as root using startx, but when I try with
 my username I get the following message:
 x: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.

 I've read what man pages seem relevent without success. I don't
 recall having to do anything when I started using stable. My
 .Xauthority files are still there unchanged. To upgrade I used
 dump to copy stable to another partition and upgraded that.

 Thanks

 --
 Dave Hardman
 Canberra