Updating from Storm 2000 to Debian 2.2r2

Greetings, I need some guidance in the task of upgrading my system. I
currently have installed  Storm 2000 which is really Debian 2.2r1
(Potato) with a few graphical tools to make it easier to install and
administer for the 'newbie'. Yes? I came to Debian from Red Hat 5.2 -
7.0.  But I am very new to the 'Deb.' ways, which as I learn them seem
vastly better. So, anyway: I bought the Debian 2.2r2 binary & src. disk
sets from Mr. O's Linux site, now I need to find out how to set up apt
sources.list to enable apt-get upgrade to find the stuff on the CD-ROMs.
Yes? Also, since I've not yet really installed very many of the packages
from the 3900+ that are readily available I would like to upgrade the
package index as the initial install of the Storm 2000 did at the end of
the first full boot up.  One last question this time: I often use
VariCAD for CAD work which I've found to be really great with the XiG 3D
Accelerated X-server, the XiG server ships with full OpenGL in the Pro.
version, which is why VariCAD runs better in it than MesaGL. So does,by
the way, VMWare, which I also use for many of the FEA simulation
programs that I must use. Anyone using the XiG 3D Accelerated X-server
on Debian? XiG does'nt support Debian, they say, because of non-standard
init. and xinit protocols. Thank You in advance any advice is welcome
(p.s. I am reading, or will shortly be, the READMEs on the 2.2r2 disks
while I await).  K. Matthew Victor