LISP (Was: Re: pyton & perl)

> But remember, to be a truely self-absorbed, prescious, self-ritcheous
> unix god-wannabe, you can't go past LISP :)

Ok, It seems like the cool-factor of LISP is as high as you can get, but what
are it's practical merits? If one intends to hack Emacs, then LISP is of
course essential, but does it go beyond that? (I'm thinking practical, it of
course would be quite interesting to learn from a CS standpoint) Anyone have
an opinion, or am I just starting another futile flamefest?

chiao,

Gudmundur