Internet connection sharing with cable modem

Right here's the scenario.

cable modem with dhcp allocated ip
int ne t card connected to this
2nd int net card connected to local LAN using-static ip
machines on local LAN can send ping's to external ip addresses
problem-- machines in local LAN cannot browse internet (unable to resolve
dns)
my dns servers are 194.168.4.100 and 1942.168.8.100 (as provided by isp)
im sure I have installed everything correctly and put dns settings in the
correct places on the local machines but obviously I haven't on the Linux
box
question is there a document that shows how to set this sort of thing up
properly, what files on the Linux box do I have to modify?
anyone got any idea what I have missed?
I have read many how-to documents and seem to have done everything

previously the dns enteries were incorrect here they were correct on my
machine but still no joy?

Dean Jackson
TeleWare
email dean.jackson@teleware.co.uk
Telephone 01908 251474
 <<Dean Jackson (E-mail).vcf>>

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp