Problem with Debian installer

I'm trying to install Debian (with ReiserFS) on my computer so I can dual
boot Linux and Windows.  I have Windows installed on my C: drive (IDE
primary master), and I want to install Debian to my E: drive, which is on
a partition on a hard disk drive that is connected with a Maxtor ATA 100
controller card (the drive is IDE0 master).  When I run the Debian
installer by booting from the rescue disk then the boot disk, I get to
where I can partition a drive for Debian, but the only choice I get is
/dev/hda, which is my C: drive.  I cannot get the installer to recognize
the drives on the hard disk connected via the controller card, even when I
type "linux ide0=0x####, 0x####" at the boot: prompt, where the ####'s are
the first and last entries in the Input/Output range of the controller
card.  I want to install Debian from the C: drive, or the D: drive, which
is the other partition of the hard disk on the controller card.  The
E: drive is an unformatted 15 GB partition.
Two more questions: I was told that to run ReiserFS, I need to replace
/etc/apc/sources.list with a different file the first time Debian
runs.  What is the best way to do this?  I have the file to replace with,
but what's the best way to copy it onto my E: drive?
Also, does Debian use LILO, and how do I configure it so that when I boot,
I get the option to load Windows or Debian?  Do I have to put LILO in the
MBR of my C: drive?  How do I do that?

Thanks much,

Adam

--