X Problems

I installed a bunch of packages from sid because I wanted to run
gnapster-gtk 1.4.2-0.1.  I managed to get all of the packages installed
and configured, including Gnapster, but I broke X in the process.  When
I try to start X I get this message:

X: /etc/X11/X points back to X wrapper executable, aborting.

I also noticed that the package xserver-svga 3.3.6-38 is half configured
with the flags iF when I run dpkg -l.  I tried to configure it using
dpkg --configure xserver-svga and got this:

dpkg: error processing xserver-svga (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
 xserver-svga

Then I tried to remove it, then purge it and got the same message.
I can't get rid of it!

So my questions are why won't X start?  Why can't I remove the xserver-svga
package?  Are they the same problem or two different problems?  And how do
I fix this mess?

Is it because sid destroys things?  Is it wise to name a version after sid?

Thanks,
David