Re: retrieve ALL packages from a repository

on Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 11:04:29AM -0600, MC_Vai (estoy@ver.megared.net.mx) wrote:

> 	Hi,
>
> 	I need to retrieve all packages from a given
> 	repository (for a network installation).
>
> 	I've tried with:
> 	% apt-get -d install '(.*)'

You can't install everything.

On a technical viewpoint:  Some packages conflict with others.

On an administrative viewpoint:  less is more.  You're better off with a
minimal installation to which you add necessary packages, than with a
global config, from a security, configuration, and maintenance
viewpoint.  You can add packages on an as-needed basis with

    $ apt-get install foo

...at any later date.

> 	but it doesn't work because of the broken packages.
> 	So my questions are:
>
> 	Is there any way to make apt-get ignore the broken
> 	packages and continue retrieving all the other
> 	pkgs in the repository?

I think this may be what you're looking for.

    $ apt-get --fix-missing -a

> 	Is there a better way to get all the packages from
> 	a repository?

See docs on mirroring Debian archives.