Re: newbie-esque: how to cut & paste?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 10:55:43AM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> 	what's the incantation?

The only consistent cross-application method of copy and paste I'm
aware of is to select text with the mouse, activate the window you
want to paste into, and press the middle mouse button, or both
simultaneously in 3 button emulation for a 2 button mouse.

Once you get used to it, it is actually very speedy.

I have also noticed that many (certainly not all!) programs share a
clipboard, for example, if you copy text in mozilla (ctrl-c), then
emacs will recognize it in its kill ring and allow you to yank it
(ctrl-y).