Re: UML tools

"Daniel de los Reyes" <dadecal@s2-selling.com> writes:

> El Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 09:25:35AM -0500, Gopal Narayanan dijo:
> -| On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 03:52:50PM +0200, Pawe³ Krupa wrote:
> -| > Where can I find UML tools for Debian?
> -|
> -| dia - the diagram editor has UML support.
> -| Try apt-get install dia
>
> Try Together (propietary)
> www.togethersoft.com
> Better than rational rose IMO

But pretty darn slow and, on my SGI, not that stable. More stable than
Rose by a long shot, but far from what I'd call good. My best
experience has been with ObjectDomain R3 Beta,
http://www.objectdomain.com. Very stable, excellent feature set and
fully UML compliant. It's 100% Java and so it runs on any platform
with a recent JVM.

Another one that looked promising when I was evaluating these tools
was MagicDraw, http://www.magicdraw.com. It was the nicest looking
product and stable, but wasn't, to me, as intuitive as OD. MagicDraw
is also pretty reasonably priced, as far as these things go.

Gary