Re: How hard get high res working?

Jonathan Gift wrote:
> I'm running 1152x864 on a 17 inch right now but am playing around with
> getting and running a 21 inch. I would probably like 1600x1200 on that
> but heard XFree has limits around 1200 lines? Is that true and how does
> one get around it?
>
> I'm on a strict potato right now running an ATI card with 8MB on board.

  there's no such limit, you specify higher resolutions just like you
specify the lower ones.

  for X 3.x you need correct modelines for your monitor and of course
the video card has to support it as well. With 8MB RAM on video card you
should be able to do at least 1600x1200 at 24 bpp (true color).

	erik