Re: ASLA troubles

Hi

Nic Strong wrote:

> Wondering if someone can help me with my ALSA config (0.5) with 2.2.18
> kernal.
>
> When running alsaconfig when I it trys to load the module it gives the
> following error:

> Starting ALSA sound driver (version none):modprobe: Can't locate module
> snd
> no devfs available (even though using the kernel with devfs).

The problem using devfs is that you need the devfsd running.

Regarding the alsa i made the 2 following modification:

in /etc/modutils/aliases add at the end of the file:

alias sound             snd
alias snd               snd-card-XXX

where XXX is the name of your audio card (look at the alsa database to
be sure about
the name)

and then run

update-modules