Re: turning off /sbin/portmap

Debian User wrote:

> A daemon called /sbin/portmap starts when I boot my Debian Linux 2.2
> system.
>
> I have searched for the script that starts /sbin/portamp when my system
> boots.  However, I can't find it.  It doesn't seem to be in rc2.d.
>
> Does anyone know how to make it not start upon booting?

a buncha different scripts seem to call it, to fully disable it i
usually rename /sbin/portmap to /sbin/portmap.old or something. that
insures that no script will ever call it, even when i install new
software. the main default scripts that will call it are the nfs
scripts(require portmap), inetd, xinetd and portmap.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336