Re: PPPD problems

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 05:05:25PM +0530, ypadhye@vsnl.com wrote:
> I have a problem connecting to my ISP with
> Debian Potato 2.2r2 and Wvdial
> It dials correctly and pppd is started properly
> but I can not ping to any web adress ping command just hangs
> my /etc/resolv.conf has proper DNS entries
> what could be the problem
>
> I recently started using debian
> I also use redhat and i can connect to my ISP properly from Redhat
> using KPPP ( in KDE2.1 )
>
> Any suggestions

It's probably a routing problem. Do a route -n and see what is listed
under the gateway column, if it's not your ppp0 IP, then you'll need to
adjust the calls to pppd to make the changes to the route table.
For example, in kppp, make sure to add the argument replacedefaultroute
in the setup, and that default gateway and assign this route to gateway
are checked. I am afraid that I can not help with specifics on wvdial as
I don't use it. But the routing tables are the first thing that springs
to mind with this sort of problem.

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it