Re: how do i chop wav files with sox

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 08:18:49AM -0600, Jake R. Johnson wrote:
> I have some really large wav files...120minutes and I would like to chop
> it into 6 single files so that i have 6 tracks on a cd.  How can i do
> this?

You don't want to chop the file, that would imply burning a single wav
file split over several tracks, and this would introduce disturbing
pauses.  You're better of looking for ways to specify indici within a
single track.  I think you could use cdrecord's -index=list option to
achieve this, but I'm not sure.  You'll certainly need a wav editor to
get that list of indici.

--
groetjes, carel