Re: sources.list - reasonably stable

Mark Devin wrote:

> What about "testing"?  Is that reasonably stable enough in your opinion, or
> would I be just playing with fire?  Especially given that I have significantly
> less experience than you.

it should probably be ok, but once if it was my system and i had upgraded to
testing(i haven't yet..not sure if i want to) i wouldn't do upgrades too
often.

if you have the time and patience go at it. i originally started using unix
because i was sick of the broken stuff on win32. people on the list should
always be able to help you through problems that arise.

i don't have the patience to work through dependency nightmares though, what
i got in potato works good, some of it is outdated, but its also very stable.

if it were my systems i wouldn't use testing, even on 'testing' machines,
at least not yet. i didn't start using potato until RC1 last year(or did
they call it beta 1? i forget) probably won't start using woody until about
the same time(i.e. long after it has frozen and stuff).

i just reinstalled my desktop on friday or saturday because my hd died
and im using potato again!

good luck

nate

--