Re: Talk problem again

Jana Kasparova wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with talk on the same machine. What I receive is:
Checking for invitation on caller's machine

I noticed some discussion about this problem on this mailing list but I
didn't find any solution.

So, I open two xterms as user janca, both have mesg y, talk janca pts/1
gives only Checking for invitation on caller's machine .

Any help?
				Jana

/etc/inetd.conf:
talk           dgram   udp     wait    nobody.tty /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/in.talkd
ntalk          dgram   udp     wait    nobody.tty /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/in.ntalkd

/etc/services:
talk            517/udp
ntalk           518/udp

/etc/hosts.allow:
sendmail: all

/etc/hosts.deny:
ALL: PARANOID

It's been a while, but I think the solution I finally stumbled on was to install talkd (I would've figured that talkd would be a dependency for talk, but . . . ).

Kent