Re: jvm and mozilla 0.8

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 12:49:26AM -0500, joeytsai wrote:
> Hi, has anyone gotten the jvm plugin working with Mozilla 0.8?  I've
> been able to download it, install it (I got the "Installation
> successful" screen), but when I restart the browser and try
> "about:plugins" - the plugin doesn't show up.

If you could try downloading the Blackdown 1.3 JDK, that has worked for me.
Try this apt source (there's a woody source also):
deb ftp://sunsite.auc.dk/pub/languages/java/java-linux/debian/ potato non-free
- package is j2sdk1.3, and the Java plugin goes into
/usr/lib/j2re1.3/plugin/i386/javaplugin.so
You have to symlink the above file into the Mozilla plugins folder - just
copying won't work.
Hope that works for you :)
Gary.

--
Gary Coady..http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~gary/
   ... lend your voices only to sounds of freedom. No longer lend your