RE: fifo devices

did you try mkfifo?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastiaan [mailto:sebastia@ch.twi.tudelft.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 2:16 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: fifo devices

(please cc me, my listserver is down ;( )

Hi,

I am looking for a fifo device. I need a device where I can store some
data, and read it with another program, and deleter the existing data
(just a fifo stream device).

Looking in the kernel documentation, I found rtl* devices, realtime linux
fifo devices with major 150 and minor 0..., but after creating these
devices, the kernel complains that there is no such device. And I can not
find it in the kernel configuration.

I did some search on the internet and ran onto RT Linux. It seems that the
devices are made for this project. All I need are the fifo modules.

Does anyone know anything about this, how I can get these devices
working? Or other devices that can be used as a fifo?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastiaan

--
$ man clone