Re: gs : no output

christophe barbe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use pdq (a print spooler system) under potato. It uses ghostscript to convert postscript to printer format file.
> First I thought there was a problem with pdq but know I'm sure the problem comes from gs.
> I've tried a lot of command and the result is always the same : I obtain no output.
> I've tried gs and gs-aladin : same result.
>
> So the following command give me no output (and the output are redirected in th standard output)
> gs -sDEVICE=jpeg -sOutputFile=- test.ps
>
> The same command works pretty good on an other system (a RH one, boo ...).

I think the redirection on the standard output with the above command is the correct behavior, if you want to send it to the
printer connected to your parallel port you should use something like "gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=jpeg
-sOutputFile=/dev/lp0 test.ps". (the important part is the OutputFile option)

Hope this could hep.

Andrea