kernel mode nfs server on debian, mounting on solaris gives errors

Hello all,

   I am running an nfs server from a debian(potato) machine.  It is running
2.2.18 kernel and the kernel mode nfs server with both kernel mode nfs-server
v.3 and v2 configured.
   The solaris box is a sun sparc ultra60 dual processor running solaris 7.

==> On Debian machine (nfs server), /etc/exports looks like this:
/users (rw)

1) At first the solaris box could mount /users, however any files saved or vi'd
on the nfs mount were corrupt when doing it from the solaris machine.  I forced
solaris to mount using v.2 instead and no more corruption occurred.
2) When I run some xwindows type programs that seem to be fairly large in size,
from the nfs mounted directory, I begin to get nfs errors:
    a)  nfs mount ok, then nfs mount error, then nfs mount ok, then nfs mount
error...etc...etc..etc.
    b)  Eventually the program will segmentation fault after about 4-5 of these
nfs erorrs.

This only seems to happen on our sun solaris box.  Other linux boxes don't have
this same program when they nfs mount the file system.

Has anyone seen this problem before?  Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Thanks,
    ---Dean.
e-mail:  droman@chattycow.com   or   droman@ti.com