Fecha: Lunes, Marzo 27, 2000 5:18 pm
Asunto: [xine-user] xine not work

Heiko Schaefer wrote:

Hey eric,

thanks your reply and hint,

no problem :) although you should really direct your questions to

the> xine-user mailinglist (see xine's website)...

I change the time(2000->2001) then it can compile but I meet new
problem, when I run xine, click dvd tab, click play, it show

nothing>> and I get a text script as:

[...]

maybe you're missing the /dev/dvd device, which should point to

the device

that is your dvd drive ?

Heiko

thanks your reply , but /dev/dvd did point to my dvd drive /dev/hda , I also tried /cdrom
both not work

I did not understand
input_dvd: unable to open raw dvd drive (/dev/rdvd): No such file or directory
I indeed do not have /dev/rdvd

so I tried ln /dev/rdvd
it still not work , but the moinitor script did not show up the above error message

input_dvd: using raw device /dev/rdvd

error: couldn't find demuxer for >DROP A FILE ON XINE<
hope to see some hint about demuxer or other essential component error
once again I am in 2.2.18, a small related question, how do I know the version of x server I current runing( I play no supported free downlaod debian progeny)?

sincere
eric

<mailto:xine-user@lists.sourceforge.net>