Re: Making root run fetchmail as a user?

Hi Mark!

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Mark Devin wrote:
> What is wrong with this?  Nb. I do not have a home directory for "mail" - just the

Run fetchmail -v and that might help you find the problem. And you do have a
home directory for mail, but it is /var/spool/mail.

You probably need a '-' somewhere in that su line, or you'll run as user
mail with the environment settings for root (which might confuse fetchmail.
I don't know for sure).

Also, make damn sure user mail has group mail as its primary (default)
group.

  Henrique Holschuh