Re: Quicktime *.mov player

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 04:39:21PM -0800, Matheson Cameron wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was wondering if their is a quicktime (*.mov) player
> for Linux that *works*.  The version of xanim that
> came with Debian doesn't load quicktime, if I get it
> myself will it?  I tried one called xmovie that didn't
> work.
xanim can do it afaik, with some seperate xanim-nonfree or codecs
package, that downloads the codecs in the postinst script. try
apt-cache search xanim...

[root@abacus:~]# apt-cache search xanim
fxanim - Plays multimedia files (animations, pictures, and sounds)
tkxanim - Tcl/Tk front-end to xanim.
xanim-modules - Installer for xanim binary-only modules
gxanim - GTK frontend to xanim

you prolly need xanim-modules and the fxanim package, try it

--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
Yes, I chowned all the files to belong to pvcs.  Is that a problem to you?