Re: CMI8738 Audio chip on ASUSmb - No sound

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> I can't get my sound to work - please help me if you can.

> I can't think of anything else to try to get this to work.
>
> Has anyone got any further troubleshooting suggestions?

Mark, I have the same sound-card as you.  You have sound support set up
in the kernel?  There was, IIRC, a driver for that card under the
"experimental" part of the sound options.

1. Adding myself as user to the audio group ie

adduser glyn audio

then

 chmod a+r /dev/cdrom     to give read access to the cdrom drive.

If this is all too blindingly obvious, apologies - it took me quite a
while to work it out!!

HTH

Glyn M

--